Audiobook Recommendations For All Amazingly Sensational Women
Kristyn Meyer is on a journey to make herself the best human that she can be. These posts are a reflection of that. She welcomes your support via reading and through commissioned affiliate links within her posts! To stay up to date on all of her shenanigans, please subscribe to her email list!(psst…there’s a free gift involved)
I’m still cranking out the audiobooks!
You’ll probably remember me preaching my love for them in this post –The Best Self Help Books For Women.
I always love to hear what other people are reading, so if you are like me – I’ll give you my list. (I’d say I’ll give you mine if you give me yours, but there’s no way to enforce that, so….)
On to the books!
- The Help – I know I mentioned this before, but it’s worthy of another. I have had this book on my bookshelf for years, but have never sat down to read it. For what it’s worth, I haven’t watched the movie either. But it is available on audiobook through the library so I can borrow it. Which I did. I couldn’t stop listening. So good.
- After You – Ahhhhh. This is the follow-up to “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes. Everyone was raving about how good it was, so I put it on my list for the future and forgot about it. Then I finally read it and realized I should have indulged much earlier. I read this one (read, not listened this time) just a few weeks ago and it’s the perfect addition. I’m really hoping to be able to get the third one in the near future.
- Eat, Pray, Love – okay, I know this is getting redundant, but this is yet another book that I just never got around to reading. It’s really getting idiotic at this point, wouldn’t you think that I would have learned from my previous mistakes? Of course not. This book is so motivating and energizing. It makes me run for my goals.
And the most recent audiobook recommendations:
- Becoming – I’m super grateful that a friend of mine sent me this for free through Audibles because it was a 6-month waiting list at the library to get it and I didn’t want to pay full price for it on Amazon either. I’m 1/3 of the way through this one, and I love Michelle Obama is narrating it. Also, I want to be a part of her family, they sound hilarious.
- Between the World and Me – I had to pause Michelle to start this one up. I actually own this in Kindle form, but it’s been a while since I read it – and I think I didn’t actually finish it before. It became available just this week at the library on audiobook, and there are two people in line for it after me, so I needed to listen to it while I could. Ta-Nehisi Coates writes and narrates this, and because it is him doing the talking, you can feel the passion in his words to his son, his deep love for him and his innate desire to protect him. Some of the things he says actually give me the chills. I think this is a must read for everyone.
If you love me, you will send me reading/listening suggestions. Even if you don’t love me, but slightly like me, you will send me some.